Educational training at a museal site
Programming as a basic competence in the age of information is a common goal of government and industry. The popular IT companies of the web 2.0 demonstrate: Programmers could be the new pop stars. At technikum29, we join this movement by inspiring youths to build robots. It's fun and supports creativity.
We offer two courses: An introductory course which is mainly based on graphical programming. In the advanced course, students learn to program with a programming language at the Mindstorms Education EV3 system.
We supervise up to 10 students per course, each with an own robot which is provided. Our workshops are for students in the age of 11 up to 13 years. We also collaborate with adult evening classes (Volkshochschule in Germany) to offer similar courses for unskilled adults.
The robotics course
Our robotics course promotes graphical programming with the LEGO Mindstorms technology. We build robots which can navigate autonomously. In our course, students learn:
- Introducion to sensors, Independent linear programming according to worksheets. Introduction of loops. Planing and testing of applications.
- From graphical programming to system programming: Branching, jumps, sub programms, multitasking and interrupts.
- Entertaining navigation: Driving off lines. Our mars rover finds obstacles, recognizes colours, records and plays voice or draws figures with pens.
- From graphical programming to logic: pipes, variables, the LEGO math block. Counting, comparing, understanding decisions based on boolean states.
- Everything is fun. The level of learning always matches the pupils' age.