The Paper Tape Project -- Punching subsystem
The punching subsystem consists of platform independent frontend programs and
platform dependent backend library calls.
There are currently two frontends:
* gtk-frontend.c: This one uses the GtkPaperTape GTK widget to display the
paper tape file which is currently punched. Additionaly it displays widgets
to control the punching cycle.
TODO -- PLANNED FEATURES:
* Nicer GUI
* Open/Close Paper Tape Files
* Statistical details
* Generate zero bytes at front/end of files
* Generate paper tape label
* Generate label-only paper tape files
* puncher-frontend.pl: A simple interactive CLI Perl frontend to punch a paper tape
file with a label which the user types in on STDIN.
There is already an existing ppdev driver for Linux. It is planned to program a driver
with the same facilities for Microsoft Windows NT (Windows 2000/XP).
* puncher.[platform].c: The file which implements punching routines.
The backends have not been programmed yet.
--Sven, 19.07.08 16:44