The Paper Tape Project -- The Visualisation Web frontend project
This is a web frontend to the visualisation subproject. It uses PHP and Ajax and is capable to render files up to several Megabytes (afterwards the generated graphic files get very, very huge). Like all the visualisation programs, it is highly configurable (every detail you can change at the LOCHSTREIFEN object can be changed in the HTML form). Thus the HTML form is quite complex, but very friendly to DAUs (a german expression for "PEBKAC") due to the ability to fold the huge form. It should be running stable but hasn't really been tested so far. Thanks to caching every generated image it should even stand very much rendering requests.
- Generates PNG and SVG pictures
- Takes data by
- HTTP file upload up to 500kb
- direct textarea input in various codes like hex array, binary, decimal, octal, IBM hex, etc.
- label generator (interface to the font subproject)
- Size of picture can be estimated by constant width, constand height or diameter of the holes
- Alignment and mirroring of paper tape can be selected graphically
- All paper tape components can be dis/enabled for drawing
- Nullbytes (with value 0x00) can be attached to the front or end of the file
- System will Generate HTML reports with all parameters and raw data in a nice layout
- Server side buffering of output data
Work is shared between two files:
- generator.php calls the cli visualisation backend (translates HTTP GET variables to command line arguments in a secure way) and stores the results in a temporary directory together with a report HTML file where the parameters for the generated picture are saved.
Sven Köppel, 19.07.2008 19:30